Machine Quilting Services Instructions - old
Let me quilt your quilt top with my Bernina Q24 and Qmatic! Edge-to-Edge quilting is currently discounted to $0.01 per square inch (normally $0.02 sq/in) with other services available. I use Aurifil Mako 50 wt cotton thread in all of my quilting. Please review my procedure and policies below before proceeding.
Current turnaround time is 5-7 business days from the day I receive your project.
Current procedure for Edge-to-Edge quilting services:
1. Email your quilting request to email@example.com. The request should have the following information in the body of the email:
a. The length and width (in inches) of your project.
b. Your choice of Edge-to-Edge quilting design. The designs that I currently offer are listed below, but I am able to procure others if you have a specific design in mind. Please don't hesitate to ask!
c. Your thread color choice (Bright White, Dove Grey, Solid Grey, Black, or Cream) - please note: I am also able to quilt with thread that you provide.
c. Any other services you may wish to add to your order (see below for what's currently offered).
2. Once I receive your request, I will review it and reply with a quote in 1-2 business days. If you agree to the total amount quoted, I will send you a PayPal invoice via email that will need to be paid before we can proceed with step #3.
3. Once the invoice is paid, I will send you the mailing address to which you will mail your project. You will need to cover the cost of shipping to me (I will cover return shipping, though!).
4. Once I receive your project, I will confirm receipt via email and begin the planning process in the Qmatic software. I will send you a copy of the mockup for approval before I start the quilting process.
5. Once the mockup is confirmed by you, I will start the quilting process and return your quilt to you in 5-7 business days.
6. Upon completion, I will return your quilt to the address you specify via USPS. I will cover the costs of standard return shipping. Please let me know if you need expedited return shipping - we will work something out.
1. Edge-To-Edge (Pantograph) quilting - $0.02/sq in. Currently discounted to $0.01/sq in!
2. Quilt trimming - Free! (I will return your scraps with your project)
3. Machine binding - $0.25/linear in. (Enough completed binding strips must be provided by you - I am unable to make it for you at this time)
Policies and Notes:
1. All projects need to have a backing and batting that are at least 4" longer on all sides than your quilt top. This helps ensure the quality of the finished project.
2. If purchasing machine binding services, please note that I am unable to make binding for you at this time. Enough 2" half-fold binding to complete your quilt must be provided. If it isn't, I will return your quilt without the binding complete and refund the binding fees to you.
3. Please press all your seams well before mailing your project to me. Good ironing ensures a quality finished product.
4. I can provide batting if needed, but I will charge you the full retail price (you can find great sales on batting at big-box craft stores or online). Please let me know in your email if you'd like me to quote you a price.